Blog Post #3

This year was my first time experiencing Homecoming on this campus. Throughout my experience, I can say that being here with my people feels more and more pure. What I have noticed is that at an HBCU is just different. Being at an HBCU, they are so special because they were the only schools African Americans had at one point for quality education for African Americans. In other school systems in high school, you rarely hear about the real history of African Americans but at an HBCU, you learn more about African Americans. Also, at an HBCU you have a chance to see a teacher or people of power above you which shows you can be in a position like that as well. Being here, it helped me realize that no matter what happened to the people in my past, that we can always prevail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harlem Renaissance

Joe Turners Come and Gone

Booker T. Washington